Thursday, April 9, 2009

Thankful Thursday
Well Patton did something that really surprised me. I know he has a good heart but hardly displays it. He got a Easter card in the mail with $5.00 in it. I found him trying to stuff that money into his and Parker's rice bowls from school. If you are not familiar the rice bowl is something the kids are suppose to put change into during the Lenten season to help those less fortunate children. Patton says he wants to give the money to his friends like Maddox and Will so that their moms can buy them food. I explained to him that the money would not go to them but to other little boys and girls. He said okay I will give it to those friends Muma.
I had a tear in my eye at the end of our conversation. It really touched me that he is learning the true meaning of life, to take care of all of his brother and sisters just like God and Jesus take care of you and me. I also felt a sense of achievement as a parent. Wow I am doing something right. Well me and St. Joe school and parish.
If we all could have good in our hearts then this world would be a better place. I said instead of giving something up for lent I was going to look at the brighter more positive side of things. I like it on this side. Yes it is hard not to be negative, but it makes me feel better when I am positive. I challenge each one of you to do something good and caring for someone else by tomorrow night. See how good it feels. Try to look at the brighter side of every situation too, trust me you will get more out of life! We can just sit around and do nothing and wait for the world to change all by its self or we could all get our act together and do something to make it a better place to live. If we all try to better people and better disciples of Christ this world will be a better place don't you think?




2 comments:

Lori said...

Very well said.

Anonymous said...

I knew you had it in you ... Mr. Patton.

Neighbor Larry