Wednesday, October 28, 2009

To be comfortable in your own skin......
Well Payton has been not herself lately and I just can't put my finger on it. She is depressed acting and I don't like it. She comes home and goes straight to her room and shuts the door. That or she is just never home. We went to vin. last night and on our way she did not say two words. I finally asked her what the deal was and she started crying and told me that I would think it was stupid and laugh at her. I told her that I was 15 once and whatever it was that it wasn't stupid to her so it must be important. She said that she hates her body and thinks that she is ugly and fat. UHH dumbfounded I told her that she was beautiful and she had a body that most women pay high dollar for. She has a set of "girls" that women pay $20,000 or more for. She has muscles that I wish I had! I also told her that God made us this way and that everyone had flaws no matter what! I said that what we want changed only we can change so if she wants to fix something it will take hard work and dedication but she could do it.
Does anyone have some advice on what to say to her? The pressures in today's society to be this model stick figure is ridiculous! I know that is what every kid sees and thinks that is beauty but its not. The percentage of Americans who are over weight out weigh the ones in the magazines by a long shot! It is so hard to fix a broken child I feel helpless and don't know what to do for her.
I do know That Payton I love you more than life itself and you are perfect to me in every way!

1 comment:

Lori said...

Megan we already talked about this and you know what I think. Payton is beautiful inside and out and I wish she could see herself as other people see her. Be there for her and listen to what she has to say. I know you listen, but do you really hear her? Love her the best you can - that's what mama's do! : )