Sunday, January 2, 2011

A New Year

Well I hope everyone had a happy safe and Merry Christmas!  We here at the Mann Clan sure did as well.
My favorite part was probably Midnight Mass.  The Choir sang all my favorite songs, and the lights were dimmed and the smell of incense was in the air.  The snow was as white as could be and clung to the trees so perfectly.  The boys were little Shepard's and cute as could be, they played their part well.  After Mass they were so excited to come home to get all snug as a bug in a rug so Santa could come see them.  Brad and I did our traditional pull an all nighter to get their presents wrapped and put under the tree.  Thank goodness all the kids slept in until 9:30 so we could have a few hours of sleep.
New Years has come and a low key one it was, we stayed home and had a couple over and their kids and sat and visited and enjoyed the ball drop.  It was hard to see Dick Clark try so hard to commentate but he did a great job.  Parker did not want to have anything to do with the sparkling white grape juice because he thought he would get drunk if he drank it he wouldn't even have his picture taken with the wine glass.  He finally did under his mothers orders. Oh and he says if you get pulled over by the cops you will get a V.I.P. he is to funny.  Payton went to a friends house and Piper enjoyed getting lots of attention.  I however try to make a list of things I want to accomplish for the New Year and I didn't do that this year.  I have nothing.... it just seems like I say I am going to do all these things or try hard to do better at something I never follow through with it.  So I guess I will just continue to work hard at my job like usual and take care of my family.
I hope you have a wonderful and bright New Year filled with love and happiness:)

No comments: