Sunday, January 10, 2010

My own creation "la fiesta chicken"
I have been very lazy yesterday after work and today lets just say it is 4:11 and I am still in my p.j.'s. last night I was trying to think of something to cook I knew I wanted some soup with chicken and rice in it but what else? Well I had a pack of pinto beans mmm
Okay so here is how it goes,
Boil your chicken
take 1 green pepper diced and one red onion diced and put it in a pot, add about 1/4 of the chicken stock from the boiled chicken.
I then put in some fresh garlic
oregano
parsley
basil
salt
red pepper flakes just a shake
a shake of cumin
pepper
a pack of taco seasoning
a can of diced tomatoes with basil and oregano flavor
a jar of salsa
about 2 cups dry pinto beans(next time I will boil them first)
a jar of canned tomato juice
a can of fiesta nacho soup
a can of cheese soup
a can of rotel
a pack of frozen corn
a small carton of sour cream
It was a little thick so I poured in some milk
stir it up and then I added about 2 cups of 10 min brown rice
I didn't think that was enough vegetables for the boys so I added some fresh broccoli just one head.
shred your chicken into it and put the lid on and let all those yummy flavor cook together
I also added about a 1/4 of a block of Velveeta cheese about 10 min before we ate it.
Before serving put a spoonful on sour cream on top and a few green onions and then sprinkle some blue corn chips ( any kind would do but we like the blue)
ENJOY!It was a little bit spicy but you can omit the red pepper and the rotel I am not a spicy fan and I thought it was very delish, my boys even like it!

I must say my choice in music really makes me what to be in Mexico laying on the beach with a Miami vice in one hand and soaking up the sun!









2 comments:

Julie Botterbush said...

You should watch the movie Julie and Julia. You would LOVE it. She has a blog and talks about all of her recipes. It is good. And no, it is not you that is crazy, the whole wide world is......except for us.

Megan said...

My dad just sent me a text that they had that movie till wed. He told me to come and pick it up. that is on the list for monday night.