Monday, January 12, 2009

New Year's Resolution
Well every year I attempt to make some far off resolution. Well this year I don't want to lose 20 lbs , or have a 6 pack for a stomach, or a million dollars, or even some new gadget to brag about so some other person will think I am cool. This year I just don't want to give a crap about what anyone else thinks. I want to grow a back bone and stand up for myself. This is something I know nothing about. I can talk the talk but I just can't seem to walk the walk. Don't you just hate it when someone thinks they are better than you? I want to be able to say to them don't forget to spray the air freshener on your way out! We were all put on this earth as equal, some might have a little bit more, and some might have nothing, but who's to say a person should look down at them. Yea losing 20 lbs is great, okay I don't think I should loose 20 maybe 10. Even having a six pack sounds great, yes I need to exercise and be healthy to but within reason. I am not sure that I want to be a body builder. I just want to be a better person and a better wife and mother. I don't think that I am a bad one, I just think I should try to be a little more attentive. I just want to be happy in my own skin. How many people out there are not happy with themselves. I am sure more than you think. It is easy to make the perception to the outside world that everything is fine and dandy. Perfect doesn't exist and everyone has problems. So why try to hide that? I know I am rambling but I look around and think that this world is full of too many people that walk around thinking that they are big and better than others. I just want to tell them to grow up and get a life! This world would be a better place if everyone treated each other as equals. With that I am going to try my hardest to stick up for myself and say hey I am happy and the four people who I care about the most in my life are just as happy as can be. So go rub your shit in someone else's nose because I just don't care!
So what is your New Year's resolution?

5 comments:

Lori said...

That's great - I feel the same way. Too many people do judge. Just because people "have more" doesn't mean they are better. Because truth is - they are usually unhappy, rude and largely in debt beings! Who wants that?

Whew ... Happy New Year!
(Now you've inspired me to write my own!)

DeAnn said...

Ditto!

DeAnn said...

well said,
larry d

Megan said...

thanks Larry It is really hard for me to not want to pull this off. I just really hate it when people are rude don't you. Less is always more!

jodi said...

ditto from here too. I have come to realize I like who I am and not compare to anyone else, I appreciate what I have been given,work hard for what I need, and Hey if I win the lottery at any time "Party at our house and the drinks are on us!"