Sunday, November 16, 2008

A little bit of Recycling mess
Well Parker and I went to recycle our goods today and I was very disturbed by what I saw. I love the fact that we have a place to take our stuff but just wish that they could pick it up a little bit sooner than they do. Even the cardboard was overflowing which I might add made me so excited when they added that extra to the recycle bin! I know I shouldn't complain begger's can't be choosers but it just doesn't look good! Here are a few recycling facts. It is good to try to be as green as your lifestyle will allow. We can try to be 100% green but I do know how hard it is. Do what you can to help mother natures world out! We want a clean environment for our child and their child and so on and so forth!
The amount of wood and paper we throw away each year is enough to heat 50,000,000 homes for 20 years.
1 recycled tin can would save enough energy to power a television for 3 hours.
1 recycled glass bottle would save enough energy to power a computer for 25 minutes.
1 recycled plastic bottle would save enough energy to power a 60-watt light bulb for 3 hours.
70% less energy is required to recycle paper compared with making it from raw materials.

No comments: